Make your Citizens debit card easier to use with Apple Pay!
As of January 17th, Citizens debit cards can used with Apple Pay! Find out where you can use Apple Pay here.
Add your Citizens debit card to Apple Pay
- On iPhone® just open the Wallet app and tap the plus sign. From there, follow the onscreen instructions.
- On Apple Watch™, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select “Wallet & Apple Pay,” then tap “Add Credit or Debit Card.” From there, follow the onscreen instructions.
- If you need more help, click here for more instructions.
Make your Citizens debit card your default card
- Go to Settings on your device
- Select Wallet & Apple Pay
- Tap Default card
- Choose your Citizens debit card
How to use Apple Pay
|Look for these symbols at checkout.Any terminal with either one of these symbols means Apple Pay is accepted.||Use your fingerprint.To use your default card, rest your finger on Touch ID and hold your iPhone within an inch of the contactless reader until you see Done and a checkmark on the display.||That’s it!You’ll feel a subtle vibration, hear a ding and see a checkmark on your screen. You’re done!|
Use Apple Pay on these devices
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- Apple Watch
- 2016 MacBook Pro
- iPad Pro
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Mini 3
Why use Apple Pay?
Faster Than The Chip!
We all know the new EMV Chip cards aren’t the quickest. Apple Pay is much faster!
Apple Pay doesn’t store the details of your transactions so they can’t be tied back to you. Only your most recent purchases are kept in Wallet for your convenience.
Device Account Number
With Apple Pay, instead of using your actual credit card number, a unique Device Account Number is assigned to each device and used to process your purchases.
Shop Online With Confidence
Some stores will let you pay with Apple Pay through their app or website. Your transaction and card number are secure even online!